Monday, January 18, 2010

Print Your Party is having a baby...

Well, one of us is! Katie, my sister-in-law (and other half of PYP) is due to have her 2nd son in April. I have been having so much fun designing printables for her baby shower. Here is a sneak peek of the design that will grace her shower. Check back next month to see photos of the "Real PYP" event and all the coordinating printables.

There is noting more classic then a stork for a baby shower theme. And while it's classic, it was a little too old fashion for my taste. I modernized this stork in what I simply call our "birdie stork" design. This new design will soon be available at PYP .
This invitation is a perfect example of how you can use your imagination to further personalize our printables. They can be embellished with ribbon and gems matted on textured papers, or in this case made 2 dimensional with the addition of a cloud cut out- the sky is the limit!

To create this look, I simply typed up my text in repetition on one page, and punched them out with a uchida cloud paper punch. Paper punches are available in every shape under the sun, we LOVE using them at PYP!
I then cut a small slit along the belly of the birdie to insert my cloud cut out...

I slid the cloud punch into the belly of the birdie...
And then secured it by sticking a white round sticker to the back. When is comes to finishing work we always recommend trying to find the most finished look possible. While gluing an entire sheet of card stock to the back would have created the most finished look, let's be honest, that would have been quite time consuming. Scotch tape would have been messy and unsightly, so I opted for the round sticker, it blends with the back and is nice and neat.

And of course I created a coordinating seal. This envelope seal doubles as a return address label...

Again using a uchida punch, this time a 1.5 round punch. This is how we recommend you punch out all of our round designs. They come out perfect every time and it's easy as pie!
See more at print your party

1 comment: